Affordable Care Act Health Insurance Coverage
The Rock Island County Health Department is offering assistance for individuals and groups to learn about the insurance options available through the Affordable Care Act. Rock Island County Health Department has four In Person Counselors available to speak to agencies, groups, businesses or individuals about the new insurance plans available. They will also be able to assist individuals with the enrollment process.
Counselors will be available at the Rock Island County Health Department Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. beginning October 8, 2013. They can be reached at 558-2851, 558-2861, 558-2882, or 558-2930.
Counselors will also be available at various sites throughout the open enrollment period. Please view the “Outreach and Enrollment Calendar” to check the upcoming schedule. Check back often, new dates and locations will be added often!
Individuals must supply certain documents to verify their identity, address, citizenship or immigration status and all sources of income they receive. These include:
- Driver’s License/State ID card
- Certificate of Naturalization/ Certificate of US Citizenship
- Social Security Card (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- Employer/Income information for every member in the household who needs coverage (for example, pay stubs or W2 forms)
- Policy numbers or insurance cards for any current plans
**Some individuals may be asked to submit other verification documents at a later time.**